LA HORDE SOMBRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA HORDE SOMBRE

official website forum for the Minions of Mirth HORDE SOMBRE guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Numbus

Numbus

Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Empty
PostSubject: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 4:13 am

Hey everyone... I am starting a tip list that will be used to post game tips where that boring message that says the guild site currently resides. I would greatly appreciate everyone posting tips that will be featured daily. Most likely, general tips rather than specific quest items would be a better choice. Thanks,
Numbus

Very Happy Smile Sad Surprised Shocked Cool Laughing Mad Razz Embarassed Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes Wink Exclamation Question Idea Arrow Neutral What a Face Like a Star @ heaven Suspect I love you No @ cyclops clown pirat tongue silent pale alien cat monkey pig rabbit bounce confused affraid Basketball cheers bom drunken Sleep sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol!

^ testing ALL the smilies

List:

Control + Click = Loot through people. (Faerin)
Tigers are bad xp and have bad drops. (Bat)

Last edited by Numbus on Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Faerin
Elf
Elf
Faerin

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 2:45 am

Disclaimer: I'd bet five bucks that 90% of the guildies already know this one.
Tip:
Use ctrl + click to loot items on a corpse instead of double clicking the corpse. It's easier when people are standing in the way.
Back to top Go down
Numbus

Numbus

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:13 am

i'd like to bet that only 25% of all players know that tip... that's one of my favorites =D
Back to top Go down
Faerin
Elf
Elf
Faerin

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:36 am

Tip: Don't be a tilly-enchanting noob like I am. I'm trying to get together a set of tank tilly for my HS, and I realized today how spoiled and coddled I've been up to this point.

To cut down on cost and hassle, collect your own raws!
I discovered today that my noob level 30 wizard toon can easily disenchant all his "fractured" and "rough" junk foci into stacks of raws.

Considering the average wizard is charging 500pp per raw, and considering you need about 11 raws per stat per piece to get a set of tilly enchanted (about 500 raws total!!), it will save you big bucks if you can get your own raws. Since I now have them, people are offering to enchant my stats on there for free!

Last edited by Faerin on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
Member of the Great Darks
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:22 am

No, the average wizard does not charge 500k per raw, who ever told you that is trying to rip you off. Raws are very easily obtained by disenchanting gear obtained in Sholins. I went to one to get my Tilly enchanted, he said he was low on raws, ran to Sholins, ran back to Trinst, and did over half of my armor on that trip alone. If some enchanter is trying to charge you that, find another enchanter. That's the best way.

I've never heard of such price gouging, 500k? Volsh is cheaper than that, GS too! Why should raws, so easily obtained, be more expensive? I want to know who told you that, so I can stick them on a list of people I will never do business with.
Back to top Go down
Faerin
Elf
Elf
Faerin

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 2:52 am

500pp per raw is the price Allion gave me. Sorry, typo. LOL.
I may be noobish, but I'm not so noobish as to think 500k for one raw is average. Razz
then 5k per tilly piece (which works out to about the same if you're talking 5 stats) is the price that FlimFlam gave me.
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 8:34 am

500, wow. Considering how easy it is to get raws that seems to be a bit much. I got mine enchanted free. As I said, he ran out, grabbed some gear to disenchant, made his raws, then asked me a few questions about what to put on what. He also gave me an alternative to what I had planned and asked me if I wanted that (4000 health on the shirt, instead of 400 mind, makes for a more resilient combatant), and that was it. Another option, it takes a few more potions, but talk to my Dad, Shadowbat. His enchanting is up to 870, and enchanting tilly with out any risk occurs at 500. He can't make Exquisite foci, so it takes a few more foci, and with it another fort potion, but that's better than the raws. If any one needs an extra fort, I've got plenty lol. Stacks of unfortified ranging from 11 to 15, and plenty of forts sitting in my main's vault. (along with over 20 stacks of moonpowder)
Back to top Go down
Faerin
Elf
Elf
Faerin

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:17 pm

Tip:
type /t mom seen Faerin (or any toon's name) to find out when that person was last on, and what they last said in chat.
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 7:58 am

That isn't accurate actually. I've seen it off by quite a bit, citing my last time logged in, as being a month ago once, while I was logged in asking about my own nick name, and having done plenty of chatting in both the public channels, and private channels. I don't rely on that heavily.
Back to top Go down
Faerin
Elf
Elf
Faerin

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 8:24 am

lol that's true...it tends to not be accurate at times
but other times, it is.
And don't forget, you have to ask about the specific alt you're on Smile
Back to top Go down
Dravda

Dravda

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm

Don't putt to much stock in mob levels or frequency drop ratings.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute   Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Message of the Day Tips ~ All Members Expected To Contribute
Page 1 of 1