LA HORDE SOMBRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA HORDE SOMBRE

official website forum for the Minions of Mirth HORDE SOMBRE guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Only one account per email address

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Silke
Dark Elf
Dark Elf

Only one account per email address Empty
PostSubject: Only one account per email address   Only one account per email address Icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2007 11:07 pm

Hi,

Calladin, Silke's dad again. My daughter has just told me off for using her account on your forums, so I tried to register a second account under my user name, however you only allow one account per email and Silke uses my email address... I'm sure you see the problem.

As a parent who works in the games industry and is well aware of the possible dangers that the internet the internet can pose, I encourage my daughter to use my email address when she registers for forums, chats to people or creates accounts for things - that way I can keep an eye on what she is doing. So, my question is; is the 1 email address, 1 account rule really neccessary? If you decide that it is, that is fine, I will open a secondary email. It's just a thought.

Finally I'd like to congratulate the site webmaster. It looks really cool, well done.
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

PostSubject: Re: Only one account per email address   Only one account per email address Icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2007 1:34 pm

HUm okay I think I see what you mean!

As for the email address I think one can be use only for 1 account .. I tried to create a second account with the same email address but it didn't work;I used an other email address to create my "test account".

I willl see in the afternoon if it's possible to allow two or more accounts wit the same email address but I don't think it's possible for the reason :

If the member allow people to see his/her email address on the forum, or IF News are thrown through Emails, the person will have the emails on the address he/she gave. So if an other account is created with the same email, the computer and the internet can't know to which person the email should go ... obviously, these two members are close and use the same address .

So I am sorry but I think that you'll have to create a second email address.

I am using a "forum helper" (I don't know how to call it) and I can't change everything I want on it .... I am not very good in the HTML language .

I hope you will understand what I mean . IF not, quote the part you didn't understand and I will try to explain it differently.
Back to top Go down
https://horde-sombre.forumotion.com
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

PostSubject: Re: Only one account per email address   Only one account per email address Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 6:40 am

GaUgAu* wrote:
I am using a "forum helper" (I don't know how to call it)

It's called a moderator.
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

PostSubject: Re: Only one account per email address   Only one account per email address Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:28 am

no in fact I am the only administrator and the moderators' places are create by myself and only have acces on their allowed part . in fact I meant that I am using some kind of a software that's helping me to keep the forum going well and so there're some fonctionsthat I can't change .. as the only count allowed by email address.
Back to top Go down
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

PostSubject: Re: Only one account per email address   Only one account per email address Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Oh, ok, sorry.
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

PostSubject: Re: Only one account per email address   Only one account per email address Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 4:39 pm

you've not to be sorry .. I can understand that my explaination wasn't really clear
Back to top Go down
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

PostSubject: Re: Only one account per email address   Only one account per email address Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:02 pm

ok
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only one account per email address   Only one account per email address Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Only one account per email address
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LA HORDE SOMBRE :: NEWS :: A PROBLEM TO BE QUICKLY RESOLVED?-
Jump to: