LA HORDE SOMBRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA HORDE SOMBRE

official website forum for the Minions of Mirth HORDE SOMBRE guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can't keep quests straight

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Theron JeAurum
Elf
Elf
Theron JeAurum

Can't keep quests straight Empty
PostSubject: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 7:59 pm

The user interface for quests reminds me, frankly, of DOS/PC stuff, and I find it really hard to follow. I'm 95% paperless at home (and almost as much at work) and am annoyed if I have to find something to make a list on while digging through encyc windows assembling sketchy, incomplete quest info.

How do others keep track of what the heck they're working on? (I think my monk, Konziguri, is in the middle of at least 3, maybe up to 5 quests right now.)

I've been focusing on leveling lately, but I read somewhere that Presence coming from completed quests has a huge impact on actual game proficiency in battle, etc.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 8:47 pm

as for the quest I am using the (j)ournal where every quests are set with different advancement on it ....

and as for the presence skill Yes it's really helpful it max melee haste , mana/stamina/health regen away from abttle and I am not sure of the last one but I think it's increasing the movement speed .
Back to top Go down
https://horde-sombre.forumotion.com
KageNoOni
Member of the Great Darks
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 12:43 am

As Necrogobby already stated, the journal is helpful for looking at quests you've already started. In the journal is a "Hide Entry" option that removes a quest from the screen, I use it to hide any quest I've already completed. Clear Entry deletes a journal entry, I don't recommend using it too often as you may want to refer to a previous quest for information that may be helpful in a later quest. (although I highly recommend deleting the help information there, I've found if you can play the game, most of what it says is unneeded)

Also, you can create your own journal entries, or modify existing entries. This can help you keep track of additional info about a quest that isn't mentioned in the journal entry itself, or let you keep track of non-quest information. I use it to keep track of how many stat potions I've used of each kind. This way I know which ones I need to keep an eye out for and which ones I should just try to sell. (if I've gotten to the point where I would want to sell them) A neat trick in the game, is to use to color code parts of the entries. I'll explain the numbering in the next paragraph. This option isn't really needed, but if you want to color code certain phrases to make them stand out, it's an option. I use it to know which parts I myself added and which parts were generated by the quest itself.

The first 2 numbers are for red, I can't recall which of the next 4 are blue and which are green, but it's easy to find out by experimenting. Also, the numbering is the Hexadecimal number system, also called Base 16. Basically, the numbers go from 1-9, then after that use letters, A-F. A is 10, B is 11, etc. 10 becomes 16, 20 becomes 32, 30 becomes 48, etc. Then 100 becomes 256. FF is the highest you can have with 2 digits and it converts to 255. I wouldn't bother changing the second digit for each color as the difference isn't even noticeable there. Stick to changing the first digit for the color.

Also, Presence is very important. The main realm quest is the best source for Presence in the game, if you want presence, complete each part of that quest as soon as you can. The amount of presence you gain for completing part of the quest will increase at a faster rate as you go further into the quest.
Back to top Go down
crazypalpig
Dark Elf
Dark Elf

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 5:23 am

Presence is indeed one of the most, if not the most, important aspects of MoM. It increases health, mana, stanima, and nifty quest items Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Theron JeAurum
Elf
Elf
Theron JeAurum

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 11:10 pm

Great responses! Thanks!

Maybe I need to stop looking at leveling up (although I hate lagging behind other guildies too much) and see about completing the many quests I've started.

Confession: Have died at least 20 times trying to cleanse the altar in the Sewer. Gonna need some serious tips on that one!
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:40 am

If an area keeps killing you, you need either more levels to take the area on, or you need to bring an alliance down there. Cleansing the altar, is that one where you have to kill Rtharo? I've heard you have to be around level 30-35 to take him on, unless you have an extremely powerful build. But not having ever taken him on, I'm just going by word of mouth.

Leveling can actually get kind of boring after a while. It's nice to do a few quests for a change of pace, so I would definitely recommend working on a few quests for now.
Back to top Go down
Kilro
Goblin
Goblin
Kilro

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 2:37 am

Yes, the altar is taking Rtharo on. He's modded like crazy and fights at a much higher lvl than he's listed at in the ency. I tried him on single player with a party of 3 mid 20's and got crushed before I could blink.

I haven't tried him online with kilro yet. But at my lvls now, shouldn't be that bad. How would a MoD summon him anyway? I got the key to the room from a plague rat, but I don't have the item for cleansing the altar.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brattcave
Theron JeAurum
Elf
Elf
Theron JeAurum

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:48 am

It has been so long since my toon got the stuff I don't recall what it is or where I got it. The toon is a human monk/ranger/druid named Konziguri. As of 3.20 He's 27/12/2 or some awkward progression like that. Might be ony a 1 Druid. Have lost more levels than gained in the last month with this guy, and he's my favorite.

I only have 1 MoD and one Monster. All my guys are FoL, so that's mostly what I know. Spent many good hours with Benn today in Kaldur with my only MoD type and learned a lot ... and got some Snarltooth armor! Woot!

The Horde has been kind to "slum" with FoL toons to come and work with me a lot, and I'm grateful, but I'm not here to take anyone away from the game they enjoy most. Time is fleeting and yours spent online should never be squandered.
Back to top Go down
Kilro
Goblin
Goblin
Kilro

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 5:56 am

Good ol snarltooth armor...check my avatar pic! I had fun using my revealer dominate orc spell on gruli snarltooth and making him my pet. Then I paraded him thru kauldur like a lil slave. Until a guard killed him. Twisted Evil

Because of your attitude, more of us are willing to help u. Unlike some others we have known...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brattcave
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep quests straight   Can't keep quests straight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't keep quests straight
Page 1 of 1