LA HORDE SOMBRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA HORDE SOMBRE

official website forum for the Minions of Mirth HORDE SOMBRE guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can't keep ANYTHING straight!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Theron JeAurum
Elf
Elf
Theron JeAurum

Can't keep ANYTHING straight! Empty
PostSubject: Can't keep ANYTHING straight!   Can't keep ANYTHING straight! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 8:37 pm

I run MoM in fullscreen because of my eyesight (not terrible, but still). On a Mac, when MoM is in fullscreen, I cannot toggle over to other programs as I can in most Mac software. I have to reduce the screen (which takes time and makes an annoying full white screen in the process), do my program switching (check e-mail, etc.), then back to MoM and reset to fullscreen and wait for the white flash-shock and delay.

Because of this I can't just keep (or check) lists of quests, friendly toons, items in inventory, etc.

Does any one of my elder guildies (using the evil Mac) have a method for keeping up with the bookkeeping of this game? Mind you I do not use pencil and paper much at all any more. 99% of the paper in my home-office (and my day job) is produced by others.

Does the Journal have a genuine notation feature I haven't seen yet? (What notes I've made in the journal have seemed like DOS-style input to me which is frustrating.)

I started to make an Excel spreadsheet of my toons and my inventory and after over an hour decided it was too much time away from the part of the game I enjoy. I made item-specific toons ("Tometoter", "Armormyool", "Weaponwagon", etc.) which seemed swell until I started developing a couple of MoD types and hd to make a mule for MoD stuff.

Anyone who has smooth ways of dealing with the important minutiae, please feel free to share your methods with me! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep ANYTHING straight!   Can't keep ANYTHING straight! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 9:11 pm

As you I am on a mac and I do the fullscreen/windowmode ..... but I got a Intel Core 2 DUo .... 2X 2,4Ghz so that's fast to change ......... about 1 sec white screen
Back to top Go down
https://horde-sombre.forumotion.com
crazypalpig
Dark Elf
Dark Elf

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep ANYTHING straight!   Can't keep ANYTHING straight! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 10:56 pm

*Looks nonplussed* There's a way to do MoM window mode? I've looked and can't find it
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
Member of the Great Darks
Member of the Great Darks
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep ANYTHING straight!   Can't keep ANYTHING straight! Icon_minitimeSun Mar 23, 2008 11:20 pm

There's a checkbox that says "fullscreen" in "More Options". More Options is accessed when you hit Escape on the keyboard. I'm fairly certain it's the graphics tab, but I'll check when next I start the game to double check. Uncheck that checkbox and it will switch to a windowed mode.
Back to top Go down
Theron JeAurum
Elf
Elf
Theron JeAurum

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep ANYTHING straight!   Can't keep ANYTHING straight! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 4:17 am

On the Mac, Command-Return toggles between fullscreen and window modes. I saw that in the Help channel one night.

I only have the Intel Core Duo 2 gig, single processor and the time is a few seconds, and the flash REALLY hurts my eyes since I play with no dominant lighting in the room (again to make it easier to see the dark screen).
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep ANYTHING straight!   Can't keep ANYTHING straight! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 2:58 pm

yes the white is really hurtful sometimes .. I also play with dominant lighting .. to see when it's dark in MOM .... I am sorry I don't have an other idea .. may you can suggest it to PG developers ?
Back to top Go down
https://horde-sombre.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't keep ANYTHING straight!   Can't keep ANYTHING straight! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can't keep ANYTHING straight!
Page 1 of 1