LA HORDE SOMBRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA HORDE SOMBRE

official website forum for the Minions of Mirth HORDE SOMBRE guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Poll

Go down 
+4
Kuliana
KageNoOni
GaUgAu*
freewaydog
8 posters

Do you think Savage is doing a good job?
Oh yes, definitely!
New Poll Vote_lcap0%New Poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hell NO!!!
New Poll Vote_lcap60%New Poll Vote_rcap
 60% [ 3 ]
undecided
New Poll Vote_lcap40%New Poll Vote_rcap
 40% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 5

AuthorMessage
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Ok, I finally figured out how to do a poll, so here it is. Choose wisely,....
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:23 pm

here is what I said on the previous post

I am nor choosing possibility a nor b.. I think savage is doing a great job but is all the time overwhemed by what he is doing : too much things at one time ... he first announced the expansion ( since he is alone) for 1rst of JUly) and there's no more releasing date now !!

At the same time he tries to develop an applicatin that would require many more people on it, for the Ipod Touch / Iphone ..... I reallly think he should find at least on other person that works full time for MoM and prairiegames to finally release that Expansion, get rid of the major server problems even if he is not the cause of them all and can't really do anything if the server hoster crashed, and THEN get to his Iphone app Idea..

so I'd say a choice C which would be between the two you offer us ..
Back to top Go down
https://horde-sombre.forumotion.com
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 1:26 am

He is alone because he MADE it that way!
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
Member of the Great Darks
KageNoOni

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 6:32 am

Freewaydog is right. Savage all but pushed away all the old devs. He refused to let them help with MoM out of a paranoid fear of the code for the game being stolen, and some one else making their own game from this one. What's worse, is that the code is available for anyone to read. It's all up there on mmoworkshop. Anyway, Savage claims greater difficulty in a lot of things that doesn't exist. He once talked about the intense difficulty of getting a game patched. The steps involved are taking the server offline, uploading the patch with the new data, once patched, put the server back online. People connecting will get an immediate update after that. No difficulty involved at all. This info came from some one who knows programming better than I do. I have to go with the "not doing a good job" also, because he isn't. Even if he simply doesn't have the skill and crew, that's still not a good job. If it's a matter of not having the manpower necessary, he shouldn't have pushed away the old devs, and if it's a matter of skill, he shouldn't have taken the game over in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Kuliana
Kuliana

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:24 pm

I would have to say hes doing a pretty bad job as the owner. He lets the servers go unmaintained, problems are occurring more often, he obviously doesn't know what he is doing, code-wise and like Ben said he pushed away the devs. I for one cannot see why he thought he could take over the game, although I am glad it is still running in at least some ways. In the past few months I have noticed and heard of glitches occuring more often. Sometimes I wonder if he has ever really played MoM because at least last time I checked "Muck-covered Stone of Ghoul slaying of Nimbleness" or whatever it was is not real nor should it be. While I will go with the "not doing a good job" i want to point out... at least he is keeping the servers running (at least for the moment). Sadly unless we get new leadership i fear the game may just fall down around us sucking our computers into an infinite void caused by Savage's utter incompetence. In my mind.. he's the George W. Bush of the internet. Feel free to disagree Smile
Back to top Go down
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:28 pm

Well put, both Ben & Kuliana!
Quote :
In my mind.. he's the George W. Bush of the internet.
Yes, I always said that he is like a politician. We need an "Obama" for this game, lol!
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:23 pm

This paranoiac fear is ... NON SENSE really .. he coded his game with common applications... within torque Engine ( by garagegame).. and so you could almost create an equivalent game with those Engines and great devs .... being alone is his greatest error ...
Back to top Go down
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:49 pm

Taking over this game is his & OUR greatest error!
Back to top Go down
Kuliana
Kuliana

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:49 am

GaUgAu* wrote:
This paranoiac fear is ... NON SENSE really .. he coded his game with common applications... within torque Engine ( by garagegame).. and so you could almost create an equivalent game with those Engines and great devs .... being alone is his greatest error ...

I'm not sure i quite understand what you mean by paranoiac fear. I see none in the conversation, maybe a little intolerance but no paranoia or fear. also he was not the one who coded the game all by himself so he should not get credit for that. I had actually barely if ever heard of him before he took over.
Back to top Go down
Kuliana
Kuliana

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 11:51 am

also since it is easy why does he claim it is complicated?
Back to top Go down
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:07 am

Anymore votes to the poll?
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
KageNoOni

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2009 1:15 am

His paranoia is in reference to his fear that some one will steal the code for MoM, and make a new game out of it, when the game's source is available for any one who wants to view it.
Back to top Go down
Ronnymc
Ronnymc

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:25 pm

He is just a shifty dude. Never giving correct information to all of us. I just need to see results. He has always been extremely kind to me. I have lost items twice due to rollbacks, and he has returned them the same day I told him. He logged in, gave me my items back, bowed, and left. I can at least respect that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chicagoonfire
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:39 pm

He also was kind to me as well, even if I never askde out items to get back cause of rollbacks ... but he always answered my questions ... even if the answer might not be the truth sometimes ... but I think he is so because I " helped" him correcting some bugs on the PG website, when the name of the parts and the differents informations weren't linked correctly etc ...

Anyway I keep my idea : he needs someelse, at least to realease a new patch, why not the expansion, that we are missing since march 2008 or something...
Back to top Go down
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 11:47 pm

He never answers MY questions! w/ rollbacks he gave me pots, but that is it.
Back to top Go down
SomeBeach

SomeBeach

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 6:36 pm

I remember when it seemed like there was always a dev on and if a server went down someone was on top of it. Those were the days. For me it's went down hill for a long time. I'm sure he's doing a good job for someone doing it alone, but as everyone else has said, he shouldn't be doing it alone. Just like today, the servers are down this morning and I'm wondering how long it will take for someone to notice ... hours ... days?
Back to top Go down
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 7:21 pm

I am taking a break from MoM. I don't even think Savage is "doing a good job for someone doing it alone". I think he is doing a lousy job w/ the rollbacks & still no expansion! & all he wants to do is that stupid Giant Spider thing that kills everyone & lags the game up!
Back to top Go down
Julia
human
human
Julia

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 3:21 am

My turn! I don't know where you all get the notion that he is working alone. I have communications with his staff which is proof that he isn't "alone". Savage just doesn't make decent decisions most of the time. I know their biggest issue at PG is having the money. As for the server problems, that has been fixed. We've gone 1-2 months without any problems. Other then the monster epic bug. As for the code being stolen and made into another game, well. I'd say too late for that.
Back to top Go down
freewaydog
Gnome
Gnome
freewaydog

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 5:35 am

Well, still, I think Savage is doing a rotten job, whether he is alone, or not alone, or whatever. He never responds to ppl, namely me, & he is not doing what he needs to do to get the expansion out. Yeah yeah, everyone loves to use the economy as an excuse not to do things. "Gee, I don't have to get out of bed because the economy is bad!"
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
KageNoOni

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2010 9:44 am

Some one actually took the code? Really? I wasn't aware of that. Anyway, I don't recall ever saying he was completely alone, merely that his staff is much smaller than it used to be. At the time this post started, he had not long ago been talking about how he had just barely gotten enough people to get an engineering department up and running again. Not all of the crew he has now was there when this started. Also, while the servers are much more stable than they were, just a few days ago there was another server crash, so I wouldn't say a 1-2 months with out problems. Yes they are far less frequent, but still they do happen.

Regarding the code being stolen bit and making a new game out of it, where did you hear this? And who did it?
Back to top Go down
Faerin
Elf
Elf
Faerin

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 4:23 am

I'm curious why, Julia, you're still posting stuff on the la horde forum and advertising yourself as a 'great dark' when you are in the YB guild now. Just saying.
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:12 am

She asked me if she could keep on going on the forum ... I wasn't against it either .

As for this poll, that's true that is was released in september ... as for savage's job I know he isn't alone, but as you say it yourself he often take bad decisions imo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Poll   New Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Poll
Page 1 of 1