LA HORDE SOMBRE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LA HORDE SOMBRE

official website forum for the Minions of Mirth HORDE SOMBRE guild

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

is revealer any good really - even as a support class

Go down 
+2
KageNoOni
Raffe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Raffe
human
human

is revealer any good really - even as a support class Empty
PostSubject: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2008 11:21 pm

So anyway......

When I started playing this game on single player I had a party of three and simply picked the classes that seemed to have the most interesting back-stories - a ranger, a tempest and a revealer. And when I had to take a single character for the online game I decide to combo the three classes (because I'm sentimental)...

Now, I like my ranger and my tempest, but I always thought that the revealer was going to get better as the game developed. But now I was wondering, why pick a revealer over a wizard or a bard? I notice that quite a few of you do have a revealer as secondary or tertiary class - what do you think that it offers a combo..or, like me, are you hoping that something will happen in the next patch...?

Where are those creatures of the blight????

Raffe
xxx bounce Wink
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
Member of the Great Darks
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 9:59 am

I like the Revealer for a few reasons. Melee Haste allows for much more frequent attacks, and when I'm partied with a group, it is often asked for. Physical Resist is a very big one for a melee build. This allows me to go toe to toe with an assassin several levels higher than me and not have to worry about my health running out before I can finish the opponent. Dealing with enemies my own level or close to it I can often kill them before they can do any damage to me. Debuffs are the next thing I like. Reducing the mob's physical resist opens up the ability to do a rather significant amount of damage in a shorter time. Lately though I've noticed it's getting resisted a lot (being a level 1 spell) so I've moved away from it until I can get the next spell in that line. The fact that it can port and enchant clinch the deal. Chances are you'll want an enchanter at some point during the game, being the enchanter means I won't have to hunt for some one to do the enchanting for me. The Illusion line how ever is merely fun, I've been greatly enjoying becoming what ever I feel like at the moment. (I don't know why I chose to buy the Dark Elf illusion, being that I am a Dark Elf. Oh well, no big deal)

Overall, a Bard would be a better buffer, and a shaman offers a lot of health from the body buffs, but there are things the Revealer can do that I've grown fond enough of that I still wouldn't switch.
Back to top Go down
Kilro
Goblin
Goblin
Kilro

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:38 pm

When I was creating my toon, I read all the class descriptions and spells. I really researched what it was I wanted to have. I knew primary would be assassin because I always played one starting back in the old D&D days. (Yes, I played D&D. I'm a nerd.) After reading all the info, I knew assassin was going to be weak in the melee dpt. The whole purpose of an assassin is to surprise attack, kill quick, and run like hell.

I knew I was going to need melee skills so I chose doom knight, not only for fighting but also for pet support. They also have some nice combat spells. Doom knights are surrounded by death. Undead pets, death touch spells, etc. I thought that fit in well for an assassin.

Now to the revealer. Why did I pick that? Mainly, it was for the port spells. Having to walk all over REALLY gets aggravating. Also, I think from a role playing perspective, revealer fits in nicely with the asn/dmk. Creating fear to slow or paralyze a victim is something that would happen in reality. So fear spells are fun. The buffs are nice, 2nd best to bard. Blight walk fits in with assassin sneak skills. The illusions are silly, but still fun to mess with. You would think they would have a purpose, like being able to infiltrate the halfling paladin houses or something. But they don't. I think the one thing that gets overlooked is the dominate spell. You can dominate something for 15 minutes and use it as a pet. If your build doesn't already have pets, this is pretty handy. Plus it's fun humiliating npc's by dragging them around on a leash. Twisted Evil

I don't think of my toon as 3 separate classes. I look at it as the ultimate assassin. I think in the end, it was all about what I thought a good assassin would be. The doom knight and revealer classes support my image of someone who kills for pleasure, quickly and with stealth. Revealers are a little psycho. I like that element in an assassin. It's a good support class, but I don't think it would do so well as an ONLY class.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/brattcave
Raffe
human
human

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 12:47 am

I think you're both right. And I'm quite attached to my revealer . BTW did you all manage to get the ethereal manifestation skill - that's the other thing I don't get - some important revealer spells seem to me to be quite difficult to get hold of (a rare drop from a rare spawn) - I've not had the same problem with my tempest spells for example....and - when I got it, anyway - the spell critical skill from High Priest Lethali wasn't mentioned anywhere.. I just feel that the revealer is still somewhat underdeveloped given it's potential.

Anyway I'll stop moaning now!

lol!
Back to top Go down
KageNoOni
KageNoOni

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2008 5:26 am

My Spell Critical is listed in my skills for my character. It's level 16 or so, I spent a while leveling it against skeletons that I can kill with one shot each. Being that my favorite spell is AoE, and therfore can't ever critical, I have to find other ways to train it. Strange though, that Revealer gets Spell Critical, yet has no spells that can critical. Some patch took away the ability to critical from AoE spells, so revealer lost it's level 20 skill almost completely, if I weren't also Cleric, I'd have no use for the skill at all.
Back to top Go down
Kuliana
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 9:30 pm

OK my opinion is rev is a truly good class while it needs serious overhaul the debuffs, buffs and ports are sweet also the phys resists have saved me many a time perhaps PG should make it so the illusions make it so the realm of illusion you are in makes so you cant get aggroed by that class/realm such as being an ogre makes it so no ogres or MoD attack you
Back to top Go down
Raffe
human
human

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 10:42 pm

yeah - the illusion spells should have a use - is there any other class that has useless spells in that way (maybe the shrink spell - I don't know, I've not played a wiz...

cyclops
Back to top Go down
Kuliana
Kuliana

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 12:34 am

well shrink isnt completely useless but maybe the shrink should decrease aggro or something

hmm i can't think of any other "useless" spells
Back to top Go down
Raffe
human
human

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2008 10:42 pm

I levelled up my spell critical by firing Wyvern arrows at everything (they have a spell proc) and so my spell critical got really high. And it works well my Tempest spells too (have to admit I didn't realise that it doesn't work with revealer spells - if you didn't have another spell caster ,having the spell critical skill would not make much sense.
Back to top Go down
crazypalpig
Dark Elf
Dark Elf

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 12:43 am

Well, this guild certainly thinks revealer is a class worth having! Kuliani, Siss, me, and I'm sure I missed many use it as a secondary or triatary...
Back to top Go down
GaUgAu*
Great Master and Creator
Great Master and Creator
GaUgAu*

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitimeMon Apr 07, 2008 1:00 pm

I do to !!! but only on necro ... I wanted to try otehr classes for my trouney toon.....
Back to top Go down
https://horde-sombre.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is revealer any good really - even as a support class   is revealer any good really - even as a support class Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is revealer any good really - even as a support class
Page 1 of 1